Roleplay Galore
Roleplay Galore has officially moved <a href="http://roleplaygalore.boards.net/">HERE</a>. This site will be up for seven days. Any members who wish to have access to any old threads, must contact a administrator.
Roleplay Galore
Roleplay Galore has officially moved <a href="http://roleplaygalore.boards.net/">HERE</a>. This site will be up for seven days. Any members who wish to have access to any old threads, must contact a administrator.
Roleplay Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG has moved HERE.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[OOC]Excelență

Go down 
+6
Xavier
Eloquence
SidikaM
Esoteric
ChaoticOne
Regal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Simmer-badge-1[OOC]Excelență Bane-badge_zpsce099443[OOC]Excelență Key-badge_zps22cf0e92
[OOC]Excelență Nada-badge_zpsf4af9d1c[OOC]Excelență Narwhale-badge_zps3787a110[OOC]Excelență YtNp4N6

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:42 am

[OOC]Excelență Zs9hoZk

What would you do to obtain perfection...?

What if you could unlock the secret to immortality...would you share it?

Last edited by Queen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplaygalore.com
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Simmer-badge-1[OOC]Excelență Bane-badge_zpsce099443[OOC]Excelență Key-badge_zps22cf0e92
[OOC]Excelență Nada-badge_zpsf4af9d1c[OOC]Excelență Narwhale-badge_zps3787a110[OOC]Excelență YtNp4N6

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 am

[OOC]Excelență OfO3sa7
In the early 1800s, a shipped called the Excelență set sail towards America in hopes of starting a new life. On this ship there were exactly eight families who had one thing in common—they were escaping. In each of their homelands a war between non-believers and believers had begun. As each family tried to find a ship to hide onto, they were always found and sent away to be slaughtered with the rest of their kind. With the bloodshed, these families barely escaped with their lives. However there was one ship that belonged to Edison Taylor, a captain of a small cargo ship who was making his way back to America. Extremely grateful to Taylor, they gave the man an extraordinary gift---becoming ageless. This however would not make him immortal—it was a gift that was to be passed on through generations. With each passing generation, the gift granted to Edison would slowly fade and drift off into the next generation, and that generation would pass it on to the next and so on—the oldest generation dying but without a sign of aging—they would die beautiful.

Accepting the gift, Edison made sure each family arrived in America safely—and there the family built their roots rising quickly and acquiring massive wealth, unimaginable power, and influence, they’re ageless beauty becoming a well talked about but well-kept secret. Some have even returned to their home countries to share their wealth and power with their people over the centuries. By the early 1900s a new discovery was made—if the nine families mate with one another, their ageless beauty will turn into immorality.

[OOC]Excelență 7ie1yz6

An elite academy called Excelență only opens their doors to the most powerful families from all around the globe-- Romania, America, Italy, Britain, Persia, Greece, Spain, Egypt, and France. They accept new students every four years, so either you are a freshman or a returning student.

On the outside, it seems like just a school for the prestigious so that they won't have to meddle with the affairs of "normal" people and that’s exactly what the students who are sent there believe, that’s all they have been told by their parents.

Excelență Prestige was built so that the families could keep a close eye out on their secret and make sure that their children are surrounded by no one but the “best”.

After all Excelență does have a motto: Perfection is possible.
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:56 am

[OOC]Excelență XlMBGlN
   In total there are nine families:

⚜Baguci—Romanian

⚜Taylor—American

⚜Lowe—British

⚜Balti—Italian

⚜Yousefi—Persian

⚜Desypri—Greek

⚜Silva—Spaniard

⚜Karim—Egyptian

⚜Valade—French

Each student belongs to a certain family line—your character MUST be part of the family line by blood. Whether you are a daughter, cousin, distant relative—you must have the same bloodline as the powerful families in order to be accepted into Excelență Prestige.

[OOC]Excelență WHJM44k

You can not reserve more than two characters. Each family will have a male and a female position open. You may NOT take both positions of the same family unless you tell me you are making twins, that is the only exception. You have exactly 48 hours after claiming your reservation to fill out an application. (Click on the names to view the profiles of each character).

⚜Baguci⚜
-Oana Mădălina Baguci
-Blair Ihrina Sušanj
-

⚜Taylor⚜
-Belinda Michelle Taylor
-
-

⚜Lowe⚜
-Calvin Rosenthal
-Helvetica Persephone Stephens-Lowe
-Oscar Duncan Henry Walter Lowe

⚜Balti⚜
-Lidia Fiorabla Balti
-Amerigo Vespucci
-

⚜Yousefi⚜
-Maristela Annalise Yoursefi
-Nasreen Parwana Yousefi
-

⚜Desypri⚜
-Yanni Christo Cervantes Desypri
-Carsten Desypri-Axiochus
-Calista Desypri

⚜Silva⚜
-Benedicto Silva
-
-

⚜Karim⚜
-Seth Imenand Kristiansen
-
-

⚜Valade⚜
-Jessamine Iva Valade
-Anton Lucas Kapone
-Lucien de Beauvoir

Last edited by Maleficent on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:13 am

[OOC]Excelență 8HhKnvB

⚜Activity⚜
Let's be honest here, a role-play is dead and no fun when it's not active. Talk to different characters, interact with them, MAKE activity. You want drama, then start it! You want to explore the city? Do it! Maybe there is an event going on? Broadcast it! Broadcast everything! Roleplays die because people decide that they need to wait on the creator to make choices--I don't control your characters or what you do, I just control the weather so to speak. If you are going to be inactive, please let someone know!

⚜No OOC Drama⚜

We will be having none of that, darlings. Absolutely none. If it happens even once, you will be pulled from the role-play and we will have a nice funeral ceremony for your charrie.

⚜Maturity⚜
You need to understand this before you join this roleplay- mature incidents may occur If you are uncomfortable with this, then don't join, this is why the rating is R-16.

⚜Characters⚜
So here's the deal...one female and male per person. You may not, I repeat--may NOT have a male and a female character. You can only have two characters if you can HANDLE two characters. For each character you must have at least three paragraphs, which is fifteen sentences minimum. If you don't feel like you can handle that, then please do not make two characters. If I think you are not able to handle your characters, I will ask you to take one out.

⚜GodModding/Immorality⚜
Let's get this straight. You aren't a god. Not my character, your character, his character, her character..no ones. Although your character may achieve immorality in this story--this doesn't mean that they are emotionless, that they can not be hurt. You aren't invincible--remember that.

⚜Romance⚜
It is impossible to avoid some type of romance in a roleplay—it’s just one of those genres that always slips in no matter what—there will always be a character attraction to another. In this roleplay I will actually be pleased to see it, but I don't want to see any rushed relationships. Unless you specify that your character and another character have a previous relationship or what not, then there is no need for the "love at first sight". Even though I like the concept of romance, focus on other parts of the roleplay as well.

⚜Roleplay Galore⚜
This is very important. The actual IC will not be hosted on MCL, instead it will be hosted on a different roleplay forum called Roleplay Galore that can be found here. If you aren't comfortable with this but you are still interested in joining--I will convince you somehow! If this doesn't bother you, then you are more than welcome to join.

⚜Have Fun⚜
This is all about having fun, please realize that. We don't need anyone to rain on our parade. They aren't many rules, I'm not a scary monster that plans to eat you, I'm just like you, I want a good ol' dramaful roleplay that I can get lost in!

Last edited by Queen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 am

[OOC]Excelență TR0pe00

1. What is the genre of this roleplay?
  This roleplay has a little bit of everything--drama, romance, mystery, adventure, it's really what you make of it.

2. What is the basic plot/goal of the roleplay?
   For your character to unveil the truth about their family history, to know the truth about themselves--this is about self-discovery and learning who you are (your character) as a person. Will you be disgusted when you learn the truth, will you find love inside the walls of Excelență,  or perhaps you already know the truth and just want to sink your nails into a "victim" to achieve that perfection that all beings secretly crave.

3. Where is this roleplay taking place?
This roleplay is set in the year 2013, in New York City--the city that never sleeps. Many locations will be opened for your character to explore and interact with other characters or NPCs.

4.What is the literary level for this?
Semi to advanced, though more than likely it will be closer to advanced...it just depends.

5. How many characters can I make?
 You can make no more than two characters. Each family will have a male and a female position open. You may NOT take both positions of the same family unless you tell me you are making twins, that is the only exception.

6. Will the students be living on campus?
Yes. Though they are not given dorms, but actual townhouses, you will be able to choose from a selection of townhouses given. Each townhouse will have at least two bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, and study.

7. Is one family more Elite than another?
Yes. Families will be in ranking--the ranking goes as follows:

1. Baguci—Romanian
2.Desypri—Greek
3.Balti—Italian
4.Silva—Spaniard
5.Karim—Egyptian
6.Yousefi—Persian
7.Lowe—British
8.Valade—French
9.Taylor—American
These ranks were depicted due to the original ruling of each family, the Romanian being the first of this type of being to exist, and the American's being the last one to be granted the gift.

8. Are they vampires?
No. Vampires are cliche and live off blood. These are Demigods, beings that are half-human and half-god, however unlike their ancestors they are no longer able to become immortal alone or achieve perfection because of their human qualities, this is why these families mate with one another--to achieve that perfection.

9. How did the Demigods come about?
  Back in the time of Ancient Greece, the pantheon of gods and goddesses (who can be actual deities or just really powerful supernaturals who were thought of as such) held power, and, being the fickle and capricious beings they were, romped around the land granting blessings and curses, fathering/mothering children, and generally causing havoc. This continued even unto Rome, but when the Roman Empire fell, their power also died out, and most of their "blessed" were killed in the chaos. The remainders (the ancestors of our current families), scattered, but eventually joined back together in Europe during the Renaissance/Enlightenment Era. Unfortunately, that didn't end too well and they eventually had to flee there as well, this is where they came in contact with  Edison, and thus granted him the "blessing" that was bestowed upon them centuries ago.

Explanation provided by @ChaoticOne.

10. Do they have any powers?
Not individual unique ones--each family has particular superhuman abilities from the following categories.

Superpower Interaction

Personal Physical Powers

Mentality-based Powers

Physics or Reality Manipulation

Transportation or Travel

Other

You can read about the abilities for each category by clicking here.

11. How many abilities can a character have?
Each character can have at least two to three.

12. Will we be using real pictures or anime?
We will be using real pictures for this roleplay--no exceptions.

13. Alright. I'm interested but how to do I join Roleplay Galore?
  Simple. Click here and follow the steps.

14. How old must the character be?
  This roleplay is not for high-schoolers, but for college aged students so 18-21. No exceptions to this age range.

15. Does the Character's last name have to be there family name?
  No, they do not so it's fine if you would like to use a different one. However if you’re name is the same as the nine families, you are closer to the bloodline.

16.When you say one family is more Elite than another does that also mean that in the school if you have more power than the other families?
  Yes, that’s what it means.

17. And if  that is true than what are our special privileges over another family?
 You don’t technically have special “privileges” so to speak—you have more power however and therefore can get away with more things than the average family. Say for instance that a Taylor and a Baguci don’t get along—it would be wise for the Taylor member to slowly retreat, it could lead for the student to be terminated or their family to be treated coldly by their own family until they right their wrong—it is all about influence, power, and most importantly respect. That doesn’t mean you can’t have your characters quarrel—that will add to the fun and drama!

18.How will we know the truth about our family is it that you will be telling us later on, what our secret is in the RP or do we make something up when the time comes, or when you tell us that we should?
  There will be certain locations around the academy that have “secrets”. It is up to YOU to make your character find these secrets and slowly piece them together—however I would not like for anyone to start piecing them together on the first page of the roleplay that is just silly. I will be having small events and such that will actually help lead to finding out more about the family secrets.

19. Is the Face Claim in the application the appearance?
  Yes it is, you are claiming a real individual that isn’t you so it’s called a face claim. ^^

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and an answer will be provided here.

Last edited by Queen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:23 am

[OOC]Excelență YrmrI9F

The following majors are as followed:
A:

B:

C:

E:

F:

G:

H:

I:

J:

L:

M:

P:

R:

S:

T:

W:

[OOC]Excelență 4qJNuiE

The following clubs/sports and activities are as followed:
⚜Badminton Club
⚜Ballet
⚜Ballroom Dancing
⚜Book Club
⚜Cheer and Spirit Squad
⚜Chinese Club
⚜Classics Club
⚜Dance Team
⚜Debate Team
⚜Entrepreneurial Society
⚜Fencing Club
⚜Film Society
⚜Fashion Club
⚜Gardening
⚜Geology Club
⚜German Club
⚜International
⚜Japanese Club
⚜Lacrosse
⚜Martial Arts
⚜Musical Society
⚜Philosophy Club
⚜Soccer
⚜Volleyball

Last edited by Queen on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:04 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 am

[OOC]Excelență DjP4VYv

Fill out the application for completely.

Code:
[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/APWcyWu.png[/img][/left]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]
[img][/img]
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age & Date of Birth (18-21):[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Name of Father:[/b]
[b]Name of Mother:[/b]
Code:
[b]Please describe yourself in at least five sentences:(Personality)[/b]
[b]Explain why you would be an excellent fit at Excelență?:(Biography)[/b]
[b]What are your achievements?:[/b]
[b]What is your primary major?:[/b]
[b]Secondary Major, if any:[/b]
[b]Are you a freshman:[/b]
[b]Are you a returning student, if so state what year you are:[/b]
[b]Will you be participating in extra curricular activity?:[/b]
[b]Please share any extra information:[/b]
[b]Please provided a short essay (Sample of your writing):[/b]

[u]Thank you for your application to Excelență, it will be processed shortly.[/u]

Last edited by Queen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm

[OOC]Excelență 7ie1yz6

Profile Thread|| OOC Thread|| IC

You may now post.~

Last edited by Maleficent on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaoticOne

ChaoticOne

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:56 am

Woohoo~ A shiny new OOC thread! So, out of curiosity, what are the other families' power categories? And what happens if the families interbreed? Do the kids get some of each or does the more 'elite' group's category override the other one?
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:05 am

Yes, now to just get more folks.~

Well since the children will be "immortal" they will inherit both categories.

As for the other families, I am going to break it down in sub categories basically.

For example Personal Physical Powers have different subcategories:

General

Emission

Adaptation

and

Enhanced Physical Skills

So say the Yousefi's get Adapation and the Valade's get Emission--same category but different set. Or I might not do that at all OTL..
Back to top Go down
ChaoticOne

ChaoticOne

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 am

Hopefully people will show up.

Oh, that's cool. Though, it might be easier just to assign a general category to each family.
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 am

That is true but I still have to break up some categories for the remaining three families.

I will have something figured out before I get home this afternoon ^^
Back to top Go down
Esoteric

Esoteric

[OOC]Excelență Simmer-badge-1[OOC]Excelență Unicorn-badge_zps6b836d76[OOC]Excelență YtNp4N6

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:33 pm

I'll help, I'll help, I'll help!! Since I've been basically SOL the past several weeks because of work. But guess what? I'm completely OFF tomorrow through next Tuesday!! Very Happy

I mean, I'll be gone late Friday night to Sunday afternoon, but still. (:

I can figure some of this stuff out after I get back from work tonight.
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Someone should go and bump the thread on MCL :3

http://www.mycandylove.com/forum/t49742,1-ooc-excelen-adv.htm

Oh yayyyy you have days off!!! :DDD You better get some rest on your days off though!!

I know I said I would have something figured out by this afternoon---I lied :3 I fell asleep the moment I came home.

I am going to finish filling out the locations now.~
Back to top Go down
Esoteric

Esoteric

[OOC]Excelență Simmer-badge-1[OOC]Excelență Unicorn-badge_zps6b836d76[OOC]Excelență YtNp4N6

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:31 am

I bumped c:
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 am

Thankies :3

I feel like I should bribe them with something <.<' >.> but I think that's against the rules or something.
Back to top Go down
ChaoticOne

ChaoticOne

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Bumped.

Heh. You could with art or something, maybe. You can't trade stuff between accounts on MCL.

Oh, and

Maleficent wrote:
Students have no exception but to live here during their educational programming here at Excelență.
(Emphasis mine). Something you're not telling us, Maleficent? Wink
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm not a drawer ;~; but I do make nice things like stamps and buttons and what not in photoshop..

-Cough-
Of course..there is Very Happy

Seriously if I gave away all the secrets, there wouldn't be any fun.

I am thinking about making a NPC really--the HeadMistress <.< her nickname will be Maleficent and she will be the one who catches students sneaking out or poking around a bit too much...

I can see her now sitting at her desk while tapping on the edge while staring into the poor soul's eyes as she lashes out the punishments with a coy grin that you just want to slap off her face but you can't!

Yep. Game on. Doing it.
Back to top Go down
SidikaM

SidikaM

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Is it just me or did anyone else get super excited when you thought about the sound of long black nails clicking on a wooden desk, as a very expensively dressed lady rests her head on her hand and see's into your soul trying to decide a punishment, with an evil gleam in her eyes as her perfectly glossed black lips curl up with a smile as if she knew all your weakness's and fears, and she's just trying to decide which one to use against you?
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:09 pm

See.

Now I'm definitely creating her.
Back to top Go down
ChaoticOne

ChaoticOne

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 am

...The headmistress' perfectly manicured nails go tap-tap-tap on the desk. The tapping is not a nervous gesture, nor an impatient one. Nor is it the mark of a vain, superficial woman drawing attention to her wealth and power. It is not even the sound of a threat, of the certainty of destruction. No, this is the sound that means 'I already know all your weaknesses, your secret, most closely guarded fears, and am merely choosing one to attack at my leisure'. It is the promise of inexorable action, of you really screwed up and now you will suffer the consequences presented in smooth staccatos.

^So, like that, you mean?
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 am

Exactly what I mean.
Back to top Go down
ChaoticOne

ChaoticOne

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 am

Cool. Can't wait to see it.

How's the recruitment process going?
Back to top Go down
Eloquence

Eloquence

[OOC]Excelență 52NTwAI[OOC]Excelență YtNp4N6

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 am

I'm going to post part of my puella (latin for girl, hells yeah!), but I will fill in her bio tomorrow; I want it to be fabulous, so I must ruminate -twiddles imaginary mustache- Same goes for my lad! c;
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:27 am

Recruitment is actually going pretty good--we have a few reservations.~

I was going in to work on Oana but then I realized--I'm satisfied with her. I may just change her clubs and add extra information or something..

My guy will be up sometime today or early tomorrow--I have two quizzes that I did not study for due today :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[OOC]Excelență Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OOC]Excelență   [OOC]Excelență I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OOC]Excelență
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next